YCCD is ready to transition from our old CurricUNET system to CurricUNET Meta. To minimize disruption to the curriculum development and approval process, our Meta transition team has recommended a scaffolded approach.
As of August 8, 2016, our old CurricUNET site is read-only. The records are archived and searchable, but do not attempt to work in the old system.
The new system, which will be introduced during Convocation week, is active, but some features are temporarily limited as we adjust to the new system. Notably,
- All users can view their records, and start and edit draft proposals, but proposals can only be launched with the help of the curriculum co-chairs. This is temporary; we will remove the restricted launch by January 2017.
- Any proposals that received curriculum committee approval by May 2016 are still in the workflow. Originators don't need to do anything.
- Any proposals that had not yet been approved by the curriculum committee by May are back in draft status. Originators may need to make edits or provide additional info, and will work with their faculty co-chair to resubmit.
As we move forward, there will be inevitable kinks; our transition team will make every attempt for a smooth migration. Should you come across issues, please let your curriculum co-chairs know, and keep a few things in mind:
- Faculty can still submit curriculum. This is not a moratorium. However, co-chairs will prioritize proposals. This does not negatively impact our ability to submit and approve curriculum.
- If you see something that looks wrong or is "missing" in Meta, do not panic. All courses are still in the old system. If something isn't displaying correctly, we can and will fix it. Nothing is lost.
- Meta does require more information than the old system. Everything is there for reason, though: The fields are based on specific requirements from the State Chancellor's Office, Title 5, or our own district APs and college handbooks. There is no busy work in Meta.
- Help is available. Please make use of the new YCCD Meta Site (https://curricunetmeta.yccd.edu/) and the training sessions scheduled for Convocation week. Additional workshops will be held during the semester.
Thanks for your patience and support as we strive to enhance the efficiency and integrity of our curriculum.
Meta transition team: